The Pathology department is a state of art Fully Computerized Setup with Cell Counters and Analyzers as part of the laboratory equipment’s. The department is open from 8.00AM to 8.00PM and has well-trained technicians with years of experience to ensure absolute correct reports to enable correct diagnosis.
The various Pathological facilities available are :
- Special Hormonal Tests
- Allergy Testing (based on RAST / Tech. with 5ml blood sample)
- Procedures – FNAC, PAP smear, Biopsy.
The fully automatic equipment 5 Part differential hematology cell counter, U. K., that has been installed ensures speedy and highly accurate blood cells counting. It eliminates the possibility of human error creeping in. It also reduces sample quantity and cost. This instrument performs all routine investigations such as RBC, WBC and platelet count, hemoglobin, PCV, MPV and various other hematological indices with histograms.
Our computerized equipment AUTOMATED BIOCHEMISTRY ANALYZER ERBACHEM VC5+ FROM TRANSASIA ensures fast and reliable results which are accurate and are at par with international standards. A variety of organ profiles such as Liver, Kidney, Cardiac, etc., as per the clinical requirements, including total body study, can be provided. (Latest generation Elisa method is used for specific examinations).
We have procured NEW HIGHLY SOPHISTICATED biochemistry machine : Transasia ERBA Fully Automatic Random Access Clinical Biochemistry machine (18 test/second test result).
Also we have procured new electrolyte machine : Dedicated Electrolyte Analyser Medica Easylite+ (Made in USA)
Cytology and Histology
Special techniques of internationally reputed institution have been adopted for F. N. A. C. and P. A. P. smear.
The Elisa technique adopted provides accurate hormone assay and drug assay the machine used for the technique is Elisa-fully automated Diagnova Ranbaxy.
Preparations Prior To Check Up :
- For most of the tests overnight fasting is required.
- For lipid profile blood test 12 – 14 hours strict fasting is required.
- For some of the tests dietary restrictions are to be followed which needs to be confirmed at the time of appointment.
- 24 hours urine collection procedure is to be followed the details of which are to be confirmed prior to the test at the time of the appointment.
- For stool examination it’s not necessary to have a sterile container. However a container can be collected from our pathology lab for those who wish to do so.
- It is also necessary to bring along reports of previous tests done.
- Abstinence from Alcohol smoking is must 12 hours prior to check-up.